Friday, December 13, 2013

What's it all about???

An awesome email today from my mother-in-law on avoiding that sometimes unavoidable panic mode:
I just wanted to tell you that reading the note in Lucca's Bible started my day off beautifully. I was fretting the business of today -- the sheer busy-ness of today... (The reason I was up at 5:35 a.m. ? PANIC and it's still dark out!)

Too much to do - too little time to do it (all from my volunteering to do yet one more thing!!!). Like offering to decorate the rectory SOMETIME and getting a voice mail yesterday that Father would like it done before Monday since he is hosting a Christmas party for a group of priests on Monday!!! Yikes, I already have a jam packed weekend, complete with two funerals!!!

I read the blog -- I have calmed down -- it's going to get done... An e-mail has gone out to the gals in my Bible study that anyone interested in helping please meet at the rectory on Saturday morning at 11:00. (But now I have to make sure someone will be there to let us in. It's the old horse before the cart syndrome.)

I need to slow down... "Come Holy Spirit..."

I don't have to be at everything, I will miss the funeral Mass tomorrow and go to the viewing tonight. I can decorate my condo and tree sometime next week, I can take Morgan and James shopping next Saturday instead of this Saturday... Laundry, dusting and any household chores can wait for another time! And I shouldn't have to miss the party Saturday night!

Whew, okay Lord... together -- with the help of friends -- we can do this!

Yes, it's all about Jesus -- precious, beloved Jesus!

It feels good to put CHRIST back in CHRISTmas!

God bless, Mom

1 comment:

Amy said...

There is A LOT to do this season. I liked reading her perspective :)