Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Piano Guys get ready for Christmas... the crass way

This video is for my sister and her daughters who adore The Piano Guys. It is a beautiful rendition of a favorite carol. But I almost didn't post it. Then I thought, no...let's chat about this! Why o' why did they have to take this song glorifying the Angels we've heard on high blended with a cool Little Drummer Boy overlay (the drum drawing is classic) and turn it in to a crass commercial? Beginning to end. Anyone else troubled? I like it enough to play it again, but probably with the video minimized. (Sorry sis!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't say commercial because they didn't really sell anything until pitched their CD in the end. However, I thought the visuals they use would have been more appropriate with something more secular like Chestnuts roasting on an open fire or Jolly Old St. Nicholas. Beautiful carol that speaks nothing of big fancy homes and electric trains. Next time I will listen with my eyes closed. :)

mEg said...

Watch it one more time! What in the world is with all the Go Pro cameras! It's like when an actor slowly drinks a Coke in a movie, kind of blatant. (Maybe I just picked up on that because Robby badly wants a Go Pro for Christmas -- did you even notice? :)

Amy said...

I had to read your comment before I figured it out... Maybe you are a little Go-Pro sensitive ;) lol