Thursday, December 19, 2013

Grateful for the little things

Today as I rode my bike in the 70-degree sunshine, I found the breathing easy as I shed my sweater, the to-do list and the stresses of the last week. Along the road to Jeremy's school enroute to his class party, I started a mental list of little things I'm grateful for:
-- Sunshine warm enough for a t-shirt in December
-- A t-shirt with red and white stripes like a candy cane
-- Tea olive trees that keep blowing their peppery jasmine smell across my path
-- A bike with a basket on it
-- A school close enough to ride my bike to
-- A quick zip past dozens and dozens of cars ditched blocks from the school
-- My front row parking space
-- A school Christmas party with 24 squealing children
-- A job that allows me the freedom to attend school events
-- A child that jumps for joy to see me
-- A child that turned eight today, so grown up but who will always be--as he calls himself--"the other baby who came for Christmas"
And finally,
-- I'm grateful for my blog so I can write this all down to remind me how amazing my life is!

1 comment:

Amy said...

"the other baby" :) Precious!!

This reminds me of the lists Ann Voskamp encourages us to write in her book 'One Thousand Gifts'...