Monday, December 15, 2008

Each day is a new chance....

By Amie Meschi
Each night I have read the entries on the blog and I have been searching for something significant, earth shattering and eloquent to report. But I realized today that my preparation and path to God is very simple and is laying right in my arms snuggling and laughing every time I tickle him.

My son, Michael, is fascinated with God, angels and Noah's Ark and as he and I watched cartoons this afternoon, it hit me the magnificent gift that God has given me. I have two beautiful happy children. I have two funny little people that smile when I walk in the room and giggle at the silliest and simplest things. The gift gets bigger each day as I teach our children and more importantly, they teach me.

We have extraordinary days and days that we wished never happened, but each day, no matter how good or how bad, is a learning experience and a chance to do it better the next time. Each day is a chance to reflect and thank God for the things we did right and ask for forgiveness and direction for the things that did not go very well. Every day is a life cycle and journey in making my faith stronger.

This advent season has been especially revealing because it has given me the chance to truly understand advent and to understand that the gifts from God do not have to be eloquently expressed but just need to be said and appreciated.

No comments: