Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day, a new beginning

My wish is for peace - peace within me that might possibly effect family, friends, and everyone else I come in contact with. I don't mean a blissed-out, unconnected sense of peace, but peace that is grounded in every day, in the "ordinary." -- Gale

My wish is for my experience of advent to become the new ordinary. That the calm and easy joy I have felt all month long will last the new year through. Lord, watch over me, my family and my dear friends, keep us in your tender loving care! -- Meg

No more lives torn apart. That wars would never start. That time would heal all hearts. Everyone would have a friend. And right would always win. And love would never end. This is my grown up Christmas wish.... -- Amy Grant

Advent wishes (from "The Family Advent Wreath" by Liturgical Press) --
That we may be blessed with the spirit of simplicity that marked the birth of Jesus.
That we may be blessed with the spirit of joy that marked the teachings of Jesus.
That we may be blessed with the spirit of compassion that marked the healings of Jesus.
That we may be blessed with spirit of love that marked the life of Jesus.

CHILD OF BETHLEHEM, BLESS US WITH YOUR PEACE!

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

sara burrell said...

beautifully written. appropriate reminders for any time of the year.