Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year

By Becky Carson

I have many reasons to love the season - the joyful anticipation of this miraculous birth.

I love the colors of the season (all those amazing colors of creation - they were indeed beautifully illustrated by God).

I love the manger (ever since I read the Tale of Three Trees it means so much more to look at that shabby wooden box. Can't make it through the stinkin' book without crying).

I love the children screaming in the sanctuary as they practice the Christmas Pageant (ok, not at that exact moment, but as I reflect back on the joy they experienced in the sanctuary - doesn't happen that often for children, know what I mean?)

I love the cool night that we drive into Atlanta each year and watch the Live Nativity Scene at our first church together (and now our children experience the love of a church and an amazing God that brought their parents together. And together, we get to celebrate Christmas in such a special way).

I love the Christmas Eve candles (the awesome light of Christ is coming in the dark night. He's coming...any time now, He's coming).

I love the joy of gift giving (what an amazing gift we have been given!)

I love the meals together with family and friends (sharing the bread and the wine, if you will).

I just LOVE our amazing God.

I sit back and am so grateful for the life His has given, for the lives He has taken, for the love He has freely shared with all - because we are His.

In the words of Casting Crowns, Who Am I, "Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done, Not because of what I've done, but because of who YOU are!"

No comments: