Friday, December 2, 2011

Each day we are given...

I will be on the lookout for something good to post but for now:

I have a childhood friend that her son is on last efforts of radical chemo for lymphoma that the doc says will shut his organs down. Started today. He's 29, married and the father of two very young children.

I have a childhood friend I just spoke with that is stage 4 colon cancer. Says 'they say I'm dying but I feel ok.'

I have Jack Mathis (aka family of RL Mathis Dairy) whose wife died last night from stroke following news of cancer.

I have a cousin needing chemo and platelets from side effects of chemo for leukemia 10 yrs ago.

I went Thursday a week ago and gave platelets for David Boyd and my cousin, Kelly Richards. I had enough for three people.

It's coming home to me as a reality just how blessed each day we are given is and I am thankful for my family and our well being. It's all such a gift. The light in my grandchildren's eyes and their laughter are gifts. The love between my kids and their spouses is a gift. My dad leaving his cigarette butts in my flower pots is... well, I'm working on that one. My husband Fred is a gift (?)... I'm delirious....

I look all around and am so blessed. I love my neighbors (all of them)!

I have faith that God is driving this train and He knows best and above all we want His will to be done. Amen

-- Terri Abbott (my neighbor by the way... Thanks friend!)

No comments: