Sunday, December 11, 2011

The deep waters direct us....

The most ministering things are real things.

My mother had a gift where she never worried, laughed at the devil, prayed for us when we were sick, gave every substance she had to her grandkids and delighted in it.

She told me when I was little and would whine to 'dry it up, you'll have enough in life to cry over later' and dang it, she was right.

It's the deep waters in life that direct us, all the surface stuff we should glean joy, blessings and lessons from and go on with it. I sure miss her and she would love sitting on this porch bossing everyone around (especially to my husband Freddie: 'get me some tea!') and laughing.

She always told us (her two kids) and the grandkids, you need to keep up with me, I'm not going to keep up with you. The grocery store had to call her over the intercom to come get my daughter Sarah one day when she was little because her 'grandmother lost her.'

Mama said, 'She lost me....Sarah I told you to watch me.'

Cherish it while you have it.

It's all life. I love it.

-- Terri Abbott

No comments: