Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Just as my eyes were welling up because my family had deserted me in the midst of putting up "stuff" that I am only going to have to take down in 30 days or so... I had overcome my inner-Scrooge and taken the stroll down memory lane but was left alone there by my family, missing my Dad, feeling overwhelmed with the to-do list, etc. That's when God gave me a "Kiss" and made it all better....

Best cure for the Christmas decorating, too much nostalgia, too much to do, family fighting, bah humbug blues? A dark chocolate Hershey’s kiss from last year found in the bottom of a stocking.
A sweet reminder that I am loved and under all the traditions, decorations, differences, disagreements and crazy nonsense is a sweet simple gift; sometimes forgotten but always there when you need to find it.

-- Krista Carty

3 comments:

mEg said...

Sorry for the technical difficulties on that triple post, shew wee! Think I cleaned it up now... I can't seem to get the POST button to work this year. Obviously hitting it three times worked better than I could imagine, ha!

Amy said...

It must have been cleaned up by the time I got here tonight! :) Thanks for doing this blog again, Meg. I really enjoy it.

mEg said...

You're awesome to come back Amy! Can't wait to use your advent table arrangement and book rec. Miss you....