Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Christmas Novena

About 45 years ago, my pen pal's Mom taught me this Christmas novena. Through the years, it has been a comfort to me.

I have had my petitions answered so many times that I now pray this daily and extra times when I find I'm in need. I don't believe He uses a calendar to separate our prayers. I also feel strongly that you don't have to be a Catholic to pray it and gain strength from it. We as Christians are all united in this advent season by the birth of our savior.

Starting today and 15 times a day until Christmas day, say this prayer:

"Hail and blessed be the hour and the moment in which the son of God was born of the most pure virgin Mary at midnight in Bethlehem in the piercing cold. In that hour vouchsafe O my God to hear my prayer and grant my desire thru the merits of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen."

Also please pray the rosary on the 30th for world peace.

Wishing you a blessed and beautiful Advent Season. Hugs & blessings, Mickie Ferrante

No comments: