Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beauty in nature: it's not just for Advent anymore...

Same intersection. Opposite direction. Sunrise, not sunset. But just as glorious. A streak of bright pink light bathed the sky and one long, majestic, deep purple cloud, horizon to horizon, stretched into the distance. I imagined it was the streak of a comet's tail, the star of Bethlehem's last light, the lifeline leading me to Jesus.

Tomorrow is the Epiphany. The official close of the Christmas season. I hope to keep a piece of it with me through every sunrise and sunset of every day....

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Merry Christmas my dear sentimental, intelligent, descriptive friend. :) May you hold onto Christmas all the year long.

Amy said...

merry christmas, meg! i just loved coming to this space over these weeks. thank you so much for creating this collaboration. sending a big hug to you---